Sunday, April 13, 2014

Tarragon Baked Salmon With Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes


Salmon is a favorite at 340 Saheel. Well  3 out of 4 of us anyway.  So its almost always made when the disliker(Mitchie Mo)  is away… or  when the cook lady is too lazy to think of  curries. So it came to pass after a beautiful early morning  swim at JBR beach followed by Pappa roti , that Friday lunch was to be just salads. Now, knowing the low down of my family’s hunger pangs, I knew I had to rustle up something other than ‘just salads’.. So Salmon it was...



Browsed the internet to look up something that was easy and new.. came across this particular recipe for Tarragon Baked Salmon. I did improvise and  used one of those mixes that one gets to buy..namely Cajun Shake and garlic which I tend to add with everything..  So here’s what I did..

600 gm Salmon Fillet
Bunch of Asparagus
Box of cherry tomatoes

Marinade
  • ·         Dash of Olive oil
  • ·         Lemon rind and Lemon juice (I used only  ½  a lemon juice as opposed to 1 whole one suggested in the recipe)
  • ·         Tarragon (I used the dried herb but recommend the fresh leaves.)
  • ·         Garlic
  • ·         Sea Salt and Pepper
  • ·         Cajun Shake

Let the marinated salmon rest for at least half an hour. This will give you enough time to  get the asparagus And cherry tomatoes prepared .  While the asparagus was put into a different tray, the cherry tomatoes was place in the same tray as the Salmon.
In addition I decided to make the Weekend Loaded  Spinach Salad posted earlier in the blog. I used mozzarella (with basil) cheese instead of Parmesan and  added both apple and pear.

The salmon was popped into the oven  and baked at a ‘Very High’ for about 20 mins which was just about right as the cherry tomatoes was nicely done and the salmon fragrantly soft with a crispy skin. The Asparagus was a tad too well done  I think and for the next time around I will take it out much earlier.

The Citrusy Salmon was moist , light and the  Cajun mix brought in  a very nice peppery zing.  The Cherry tomatoes, asparagus and the crunchy salad served as a  perfect accompaniment to  the Tarragon Salmon. And the crispy skin was scrumptious if I may say so myself.

Perfect light lunch after a fun and tiring day at the beach..

      

2 comments:

  1. It does look yummy. Nothing to beat the succulent soft and creamy taste of Salmon. Did the skin become crispy enough to eat alongside? Salmon and Salad .. seem made for each other :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, moist on the inside and crispy skin.. Time to go buy Salmon!!.

    ReplyDelete